Here's some home remedies for sinusitis that help in acute situations. These are from Oriental medicine.
Remember, in chronic cases, you need to handle the root of the problem, otherwise the problem will eventually return. In this case, you will also want to look at these natural remedies for chronic sinusitis for advice.
Some of these may sound unorthodox, but they are used around the world by plenty of people who find them effective.
O.K., here's where to start...
1. Use steam to drain the mucus...
2. Rinse your nostrils with a saline solution (from a spray bottle or medicine dropper)
3. Hold towels soaked with with warm water over your ears 3 times a day. Continue doing twice a day when your sinuses clear up.
4. Put couple drops of sesame oil (available at grocery stores and oriental markets) into your nostrils twice daily.
5. Massage your face - with your eyes closed, use your fingers to wipe circles from your forehead down past your nose to your jaw, then back up over the temples to your forehead again. Repeat 10 to 20 times, then go in the opposite direction.
6. Avoid alcohol, spicy foods and cigarette smoke.
7. Chinese herbs - these herbs (used also for chronic sinusitis) can be very helpful...
"Bi Yan Pian" if the mucus is yellow or thick green.
"Bi Min Gan Wan" if the mucus is white or clear.
They are available at most Chinese markets, and online at many sites like www.acu-market.com. As with all herbs, avoid during pregnancy.
I'll be sharing with you my knowledge of ancient and modern health secrets that are virtually unknown to most people, even health professionals.
It’s all designed to help keep you and your family healthy.
Return to Natural Sinus Remedies from Home Remedies For Sinusitis
Resources:Chinese Home Remedies, New Page Books, Author Lihua Wang, L.Ac.
Do you have natural remedies or tips that have worked for you or your family? Share your experience with us.
What if one simple change could eliminate your sickness?