Why Do I Have Too Much Stomach Acid?
According to Oriental wisdom, you can have too much stomach acid for three main reasons, including:
- Eating the wrong diet
- Wrong eating habits (how you eat)
- Excess emotions
So, lets' look at these...
Eating the wrong diet
Eating too many foods that cause "heat" in your stomach can cause too much stomach acid.
In smaller amounts, these foods may not cause problems and even be healthful.
Some of these foods are:
- Cardamom and other spices
Smoking also adds "heat" into your body, leading to excess stomach acid.
Wrong eating habits (how you eat, rather than what you eat)
These are worse for you than you realize. These include:
- Eating late at night (a very damaging habit)
- Eating in a hurry
- Eating while stressed, including activities like:
- Arguing while eating
- Talking about work while eating
- Eating while driving (I'll bet you've done that, haven't you?)
- Engaging in stressful work just after eating
Excess or long-term emotional upsets cause excess stomach acid, primarily:
It's essential to avoid emotional excesses if you want to be well. The best way I know of doing this is short sessions of meditation done every day.
Return to Natural Cures For Acid Stomach page from Too Much Stomach Acid page